About Me

The Everyday in Wire. 3D everyday objects made in wire focusing on line.

Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Final Pieces: Assessment Show

So everything is complete and my work is set up to be assessed. It has been a long journey but I am so pleased with what I have produced.

 My final work displayed for assessment including samples, sketchbooks, visual and contextual research.


The hanging of wire drawings made from nickle and binding wire and wrapped thread.
 
 

 The thread wrapped wire adds a subtle colour and feminine touch to the wire.


 I included my life drawings in the wire pieces which add a nice detail when combined with the floral patterns.
 

 The felt torso piece and wire train. I included my life drawings in with the wire. I love how ghost like the felt is and the wire coming off the torso excentuates the concept of celebrating and decorating the female form.

Some pieces have been selected to be in the MMU Degree Show on display at Chatham Building, All Saints Campus, MMU, Manchester from the 18th-22nd June so feel free to pop in and have a look.

Thanks
Louise xxx













No comments:

Post a Comment